Matcha Dipped Madeleines
Alright, it’s matcha time!
I made these Matcha Dipped Madeleines for the Modern Mismatched Tea Party I threw a few weeks ago, but it’s taken me a hot second to post this recipe.
These are delicious buttery madeleines dipped in a combination of melted white chocolate with matcha green tea powder.... and dotted with sprinkles of course. Yums!
I will come up with any excuse to eat madeleines. For me, they bring back memories of walking to the spice store in Berkeley near Monterey Market. I would sit at the counter while my dad got his spices and eat my madeleine and drink my apple juice out of that glass Martinelli’s apple.
So, I suppose these madeleines are sort of the grown-up version of those.
These matcha dipped cookies were perfect for my tea party. While they have that classic matcha flavor, it isn’t overwhelming. If you make them for a crowd, you aren’t going to scare anyone off with a super vegetal taste.
I used Zentei Matcha Green Tea in my recipe. They make a high-quality organic matcha with really beautiful packaging. If you’ve never bought Matcha before, this is a good option. They offer a smaller bag for just $6 on Amazon which is perfect for this recipe plus a few cups of tea.
This recipe is ridiculously easy to make. You need a microwave and a bowl. Srsly.
Step 1. Microwave white chocolate.
Step 2. Add matcha powder.
Step 3. Dip cookies.
That’s it. You’re done. There are literally three ingredients. Four if you count the sprinkles.
If you want to be sure to make the most amazing matcha dipped madeleines ever, a couple closing notes:
- If you sift the matcha into the melted white chocolate, you will get fewer of the matcha powder bubbles that we want to avoid.
- You can put these cookies in the fridge to cool for about half an hour after dipping them, but don’t leave them in there. Keeping these in the refrigerator will dry out the cookies which would be really tragic.
Alright! Go make some madeleines! You’re gonna love them so matcha. BAHAHA. That’s a little tea humor for ya 😉
Matcha Dipped Madeleines
Makes 12 cookies.
Lovely little things
- If you need a cozy winter around-the-house sweatshirt, I highly recommend this “Weekend” sweatshirt from Target. A whole $17.99 for the warmest, coziest sweatshirt. New fav.
- These flats from Aldo are super comfortable. The heel is completely soft, bendable leather so no rubbing. I recommend getting them ½ size up.
- I made this Spicy Posole with Cheesy Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins from Pinch of Yum recently. There’s practically zero chopping (you chop 1 jalapeno) and in about 45 minutes you have yummy soup AND cheesy cornbread muffins. Seriously. Go pin this. Go go!
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling (Okay, now I’m super close to the end. Snuffles just fell through the veil #nospoilerseventhirteenyearslater)